Welsh Language Cost Centre Information
I am writing in response to your email of 9 August 2011, which was for confirmation that we hold information that shows:
- that the Welsh Language Board budget for 2011-12 was some £13.8 million
- that the Welsh Assembly Government Welsh Medium Education Strategy budget for 2011-12 was some £12.4 million
- that the Welsh Assembly Government Welsh language skills development budget for 2011-12 was some £6 million
- whether there are any other Welsh Assembly Government cost centres for 2011-12 for the Welsh language not included in items 1 to 3 above
- whether there are any Welsh Assembly Government budgets for the use of external consultants for Welsh language issues
- whether the Welsh Assembly Government has donated any money to S4C
- whether the Welsh Assembly Government has used any other money for Welsh language programmes or initiatives.
We do not hold information that directly meets your request. We only hold the same budget information that is published by the Welsh Assembly Government (see http://wales.gov.uk/docs/finance/report/110201megen.pdf, in particular pages 10, 17 and 18).
I have not applied any exemptions, but if you wish to complain about my handling of your request, or have any queries, please email me.