Case study list
Welfare Benefits Advisor
Pembrokeshire Housing Association
The scheme was available to new and existing tenants to ensure that income was maximised.
Assistance was given in the following areas:
- Completion of housing benefit forms and ensuring that all relevant support documentation is provided to the Council Housing Benefit Team.
- Estimating and advising on rent payable if entitled to only partial benefit.
- Debt counselling.
- Working with the Association floating support officer to ensure that vulnerable tenants are maximising their income.
- Working with the Area Housing Officers to ensure that tenancies are sustained and evictions for rent arrears are avoided as far as possible.
- Carrying out Housing Benefit Appeals on behalf of tenants.
- Signposting to other agencies where more complex advice is required.